OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice.
OUR GREAT GOD
We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; that these are equal in every divine perfection and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption.
• We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer and provides salvation for all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
• We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary, atoning death; bodily resurrection; ascension into heaven; perpetual intercession for His people and personal visible return to earth.
• We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Divine Comforter, who indwells every believer in Christ as an abiding helper, teacher and guide. We believe that He is the divine agent in bringing individuals into relationship with Christ, and to that end He convinces the world of the reality of sin, righteousness and judgment. He regenerates, sanctifies, equips and empowers all who believe in Jesus Christ.
We believe mankind was created in the image of God, but fell from his position through disobedience, and as a result of this, his moral nature was corrupted and physical and spiritual death ensued. This nature was transmitted through Adam resulting in the total depravity of all mankind. Restoration to fellowship with God is made possible only by the new birth. The new birth occurs when an individual, by faith, trusts Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
We believe that a Christian believer should endeavor to live with an awareness of the sovereignty and the grace of God. He will seek to bring glory to God, to sustain integrity in his personal conduct both publicly and privately, to exercise responsible stewardship of person and possessions, and to encourage a developing relationship with Christ for both himself and others.
We believe in the universal Church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on profession of faith and associated for the purposes of worship, fellowship, teaching and evangelism. We believe that God has entrusted to these believers the ministry of reconciliation with/to God through the sharing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the world. We declare that this local church is to be autonomous and self governing, functioning within the framework of the biblical concept of religious liberty.
We believe that Jesus Christ entrusted to His Church two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Both are representative of the relationship believers have with Him, and both are to be observed until His return.
• We believe that baptism is the immersion of the believer in water, expressing that believer’s identification and union with Jesus Christ in regeneration.
• We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a proclamation of the communion provided for the believer by the death of Christ.
We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the consummation of this body. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal joy of the righteous, and the endless separation of the wicked from the presence of God.